Monday, May 17, 2010

The "Joys" of running

About 6 years ago, I used to be a runner. It all started as a bid to pass the Cdn Forces PT requirements. So, last week when Connor stated an interest in the Army as a career, (He's 10, so it's not like he's been talking to a recruiter yet), we decided to teach him to do some research. He's reading "Starship Troopers", we watched "Platoon", and are going to watch "Full Metal Jacket". And we started running together at 6:30 in the morning.
Alas, 38 is not 17. I have since gotten some new running shoes, (I messed up my knee when I fell the second day). Connor is a machine, loving it, and pushing himself. He runs, and we're gasping and wheezing, and he'll say, "I can make it to the next driveway".
Right now, we're still running/walking the 2 Km. We're hoping next week or the week after to be able to run the whole distance.
The best part of Running in my opinion is stopping.
(But we're gonna keep on doing it)

No comments:

Post a Comment