Sunday, January 24, 2010

finally pics of the yamaha

So, I finally had a picture taken of the new bike. Then I saddled up, and Connor and I went off to clear a skating rink. On the way back, I had to drive up a steep, snowy hill with a ravine on one side. By myself, I started up, and near the top, spun out. I jumped off the bike just as it went over the side in to the ravine, (about a 25' drop onto dead trees.)
Not to worry, the bike is tough. The bike is good. I bent the rear rack, and destroyed the left brake puller thing. All repairable, the plastic is all good. I'm also OK. Lessons learned. Had some amazing friends with me thathelped to lift and push the bike back to the trail.
So, Dave, here's the picture you were looking for...

2 comments:

  1. That bike is awesome! It took a 25' drop and you drove it home? Sounds like an old Ford Tempo I used to know... So glad you put a picture up, it looks good. Now I want one with Connor pretending to rev it and Megan waving her arms off the back - a silly shot.

    Ok ok, that might be too much. Thanks for the photo though. The beard looks good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get the pic i=of the kids. I have one on my phone now of Connor riding it, (He can't shift out of first, so he can't go fast enough for trouble.) I need my little card adapter thingie first though to get the picoff the phone.
    Yup, the deep freeze we've been in has made me double glad not to shave.

    ReplyDelete